Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wicked, The California Edition


This past weekend my mom and I went to see "Wicked" with the Brinks 3 in California. Erin had invited us a few months ago to come and go with her family because they had extra tickets. Of course we decided to go because we are always up for a trip away and to see "Wicked". For those who don't know my mom and I first saw the musical in 2004 on Broadway with the original cast. It was amazing! We also saw it in Denver and now California. The Pantages theatre was beautiful and it was a great show again!

We arrived Friday evening and went to Chili's with Matt and Erin. We then came home and watched a couple of Wonder Years episodes before we went to bed. Matt and Erin graciously gave us their bed and they attempted to sleep on an air mattress that quickly deflated and they ended up on the couch and the floor. Thanks again for the use of your bed Matt and Erin!!

Saturday was filled with a multitude of activities. Mom was anxious to hit the beach, Disneyland and Universal studios before the show but had to settle for other things. I convinced all parties to go to 24 hour fitness with me for the daily workout. Then we went home for some time at the pool with a lovely In and Out burger lunch. After this we cleaned up and went out for Pedicures and Manicures. Always a good time!!! Just a side note gas in Denver is the same price as gas in California. Crazy, huh? Well anyways, we went to BJ's for a lovely dinner before the show and then we were off. After the show we went to Cheesecake Factory to totally ruin our morning workout.

Sunday, we slept in and cleaned up and went to the airport. It was way fun to see Matt and Erin and happy to report they are doing very well. I am thankful for their hospitality!!

Ps: I ran the Bolder Boulder 10k on Memorial Day. It was the farthest I have ever run and did it in 1 hour 10 minutes. I don't think my time was that accurate though because I had to fight against walkers the whole way but it was a ton of fun. On a sad note though at mile 2 of the race an older gentleman was getting CPR and ended up dying. He was the first person to ever die at this race in 29 years. At least he went out making history I guess!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. I'm jealous that you ate In N Out Burger and I'm jealous that you went to BJ's! I LOVE those places. Also, as far as ruining your morning workout, at least you had a morning workout to ruin!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time! Wish I could have been there. Especially for the food, that's what I live for these days!

Erin said...

We're glad you guys came - it was a ton of fun. Oh, and by the way, gas prices here dropped to $3.14.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I saw Wicked for the first time a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It cracked my top three!