Friday, March 19, 2010

Hawaii Honeymoon

We only had to wait 4 months or more like 9 months but we finally got to go on our Hawaiian honeymoon in Maui!! It was awesome:) We were a bit worried that we wouldn't be able to go due to the supposed tsunami that was coming but all went well and we left for Maui on Feb 28th. We used my parent's timeshare at the Marriott Beach Club which are very grateful for!! It was raining the day we arrived but after that low 80's and although it was a bit windy, it was perfect!! A few of the highlights:

1. Laying at the pool reading a book
2. Ordering lava flows and nachos by the pool
3. Traveling to the volcano on Maui
4. Laying at the pool reading a book
5. Eating at lots of yummy restaurants
6. WHALE WATCHING
7. Going to a luau
9. More time laying at the pool reading

We both needed a vacation after a very long 2009!!! We had so much fun and besides relaxing our favorite thing was whale watching!! A mama and baby whale swam right under our boat:) We also tried to keep our workout alive by running. I only did it once but Phil went running 3 times! Good job Phil!!

We talked about moving there but decided that the novelty would wear off and we would still have to work even if we lived there so decided to keep it as a vacation stop!! Next time we would like to spend a week on Oahu!! I know I take a terribly long time posting so sorry! I need to be like Julie and Lindsay and just write about random things!!

Our next goals are to start training for half marathons we want to run this summer!!












5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yea for an update! You're on the update every 3 months schedule! Looks like a fun trip.

Julie said...

ditto what Lindsay said! Don't be giving me too many blogging props. Its been over a month since I posted! I need to jump back on the wagon!!!!!

Lou Anne said...

Can I just say, I LOVE HAWAII!! Your pictures make me long for the day when I shall return......

Bryce and Katie said...

I. am. so. jealous.

Erin said...

It's about time! Super jealous by the way that you went to Hawaii. Sounds like it was lots of fun!